City win 3-1 and maintain their excellent start to the season with a game in hand over their rivals.
1. Nice comfortable win for City. West Ham's position at the start of the season is more a reflection on a weird fixture list that saw them play only two home games and in those face the in form Spurs and Liverpool. Zola has a good squad and the Hammers will be mid table shortly.
2. The West Ham fans have always treated Carlos Tevez well. The Argentinean gave his heart and soul to the club and the strikers celebration after he scored his first West Ham is still one of the best moments in Premier League history. Therefore nice to see the respect of Tevez back to the fans after he scored against their club.
3. Robinho, Adebayor, and Ireland out for one reason or another while RSC and Johnson on the bench coming back from injury. Depth is an understatement.
4. This game is a perfect illustration as to why it was, and is, so important to keep Martin Petrov in the squad. You could tell that the Bulgarian was out of match fitness, even on the Tevez first goal the winger almost lost control, but this is another reason why he needs to play more.
4a... Love, just love that the MCFC match blogger has hung the nickname of Rigsby on Petrov. Sure I'm dating myself, but that's just perfect.
5. Today's team and tactics is one I'd like to see more of when City play away, even when the team is at full strength. The constant hustle of Bellamy and Tevez is the sort of focused industry that the team could use in securing points - and the attacking options are obvious when you have Petrov and SWP on the wings.